November 22, 2012
On this Thanksgiving Day 2012, we have much to be thankful for. Unfortunately we get caught up in the negatives in our lives and fail to look at our many blessings. You are blessed; listen to what the Bible says to you:
God created you in His Image:
- Gen 1:27 – God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. NIV
- To be created in the image of God means that we humans have the ability and the privilege of knowing, serving, and loving God, and that we are most fully human when fulfilling our spiritual potential. Every human life is precious to God. (from Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Copyright (c)1986, Thomas Nelson Publishers)
God knew you before you were born; you were formed by Him in your Mother’s womb:
- Ps 139:13-14 – for you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. NIV
And, He loves you more than you can imagine:
- Ps 86:15 – But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. NIV
- Ps 100:5 – For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations. NIV
- Ps 103:11-12 – For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. NIV
- John 13:34-35 – “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” NIV
- 1 John 4:8-12 – Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. NIV
I pray you have a Blessed Thanksgiving! Please take time to list those things you are most thankful for: the Lord, your family, your friends, your health, your home… I’m sure your list will be long!
May the Lord Richly Bless your walk with Him!