Hurting? Need Help from Eating disorder, domestic violence, suicidal thoughts, vouchers for shelters, support groups & hotlines, alcohol and drug addictions, shelters and emergency housing, 12 step recovery programs, mental health resources and immediate hospital needs and much, much more… CLICK HERE!
Know What to Look For
- Serious depression
- Change in appetite or weight
- Change in sleeping habits
- Loss of interest in favorite activities
- Increasingly isolated
- Fatigue & decreased energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Saying they want to die
- Difficulty concentrating & making decisions
- Giving away prized possessions
- Preoccupation with death and dying
- Sudden drop in school or work performance
- Sudden feeling of peace after being suicidal
Know What to SayASK
- Express your concern and ask if they are thinking about suicide.
- Don’t give up if they’re reluctant to talk, let them know you are there to listen.
- Ask how long they felt this way.
- Ask if they thought how they would do it.
- Don’t act shocked or try to change the subject.
- Encourage them to tell you how they feel.
- Hear them out, don’t jump to conclusions or make judgements.
- Try to understand how they feel without offering simple solutions.
- Be direct, open and honest.
- Let them know you care and that they are not alone.
- Help them to understand that suicidal feelings pass and depression can be treated.
- Don’t try to handle a suicidal crisis alone, get professional help.
- Act now, tomorrow may be too late.
Get Help Now911
National Suicide Hotline
(970) 347-2120 24-Hour Hotline EndSuicide.orgBanner Health Northern Colorado Medical Center
(970) 352-4121 BannerHealth/NCMC.comPeace With God Medical Center of the Rockies
1-800-273-TALK (8255)Hearing Impaired
1-800-799-4TTY (4889)Alcohol, Substance Abuse and Addictions Counseling and Therapy Clinics Domestic Violence Help Eating Disorder Help Mental Health Centers and Psychiatric Hospitals Get help for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder For Sexual Assault Victims Twelve Step Recovery Programs